Wednesday, September 8, 2010


These folks are what get me up at 5:15 a.m. on a Saturday morning. This is about a third of the training group for the Montgomery Half Marathon coming up in a few weeks.

For those of you who know me, you know that I don't have an athletic bone in my squishy body and I have the hand-eye coordination of a three-toed sloth. However, running with this group makes me to run longer and faster.

We all meet up downtown at the water tower in the Alley at 6:00 am on Saturdays to pile into City vans and take off for our mileage drop offs. You can run as little or as much as you want and the joy is that you always have someone with. As fun as running 9 miles at the crack of dawn is, the best part is at the finish. We finish up at either the Biscuits stadium or the riverfront and waiting for us is the most beautiful sight you will ever see. A cooler of beer. Yes you heard me, it's the best thing after a long run!

So if this has enticed you to join us PLEASE DO! We have 3 more training runs before the big race on October 2 so if you are interested just let me know and I will make sure you are on the email distribution list.

Also, if you have not already signed up for the Montgomery Half or 5K you better get on it because the prices go up on Sept 15! This year we are benefiting the Joy to Life foundation so click here do it for a good cause!

Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! Here are a few pictures from lat year's race.







On another note, this whole "I have to post 3 days a week thing" is totally stressing me out so to insure quality over quantity I might renege on that one! My bad!

3 comments: