Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dekalb Farmer's Market (aka my International love affair)

Sorry for a lack of posting yesterday but I have an excuse. I'm in Atlanta, again! It's business. I am, however, going to take this opportunity to go back to IKEA because, big shocker, they didn't have the glass nesting tables or the wall shelves. Though I did manage to come home with the rug so it wasn't a wasted trip.

I'm also going to make a quick trip to my own personal Garden of Eden while I am here. The Dekalb International Farmer's Market is only AMAZING! If you watch Top Chef or Iron Chef and wonder where on earth can I get pink peppercorns or a jack fruit, or maybe even some Bhutanese red rice, this is your place. And on top of having everything on earth you could ever want, their prices are amazingly low. This is our go-to for spices because you can get your hands on a half pint of just about anything from anywhere from $.50-$3.00 when you pay 4 times that at the grocery store. Their selection and prices on produce, nuts, grains, pastas, bread and cheese are also well worth the trip. Need a quail egg? They got em!


So, GO THERE NOW and tell me what you think! Just don't forget your jacket because it is freezing in there and don't even try to take a photo because they don't exactly look kindly on that! Oh yeah, last thing, debit, check or cash only, no credit cards.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you are going!!! That place is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks awesome! I wish we had an international (indoor) market like that. Farmer's Markets are only through Nov. in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete