Monday, September 20, 2010

Just a few common household ingredients...

Before I get started here is an IKEA update: wall shelves, check. Still no glass nesting tables.

My trip to the Dekalb Farmers Market was a huge success. I ended up bring home dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, pad thai sauce, apricots, golden raisins, jasmine rice, organic brown rice, garam masala, rosemary, thyme, dill weed, a block of parm, white corn, rainbow carrots, a ton of roma tomatoes, spaghetti squash, a loaf of french batard, havarti, house made croutons, and a bunch of other stuff that I am forgetting. All in all not too strange or unique of a shopping list but I got everything plus a lunch of homemade soba noodle salad and farrow salad for a measly $54!

I managed to snap a few pictures on my blackberry without getting yelled at so I apologize for the poor quality.
"The" spice aisle


Chinese Okra

Chinese Bitter Melon

Rainbow Carrots (they were too pretty not to buy!)

Guinep

Durian

I don't have a clue how to eat, much less, cook any of this stuff but I thought they were worth a picture anyway!

Last thing, Saturday night I took my tomatoes and batard loaf over to Mom and Dads and made this scalloped tomato and crouton dish and it was AMAZING!! MAKE IT!

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment