Friday, March 9, 2012

Early Spring Garden 2K12

Well I fell off the gardening wagon for a little while but thanks to the support of Public Television"s Create Channel I'm back on! On a random note, if you don't get the Create Channel you are missing out! Very dorky and inspiring!

So anyway, here is the current garden lineup:
  1. cabbage
  2. romaine lettuce
  3. buttercrunch lettuce
  4. carrots (still sucking!)
  5. kale
  6. spinach
  7. broccoli (second planting)
  8. arugula
If you live in Alabama I'm pretty sure you can still get away with transplanting some lettuces and greens right about now so jump on the band wagon if your interested. They will work well in pots too so you can easily go outside and cut some fresh leaves for a salad with minimal work involved.

This weekend I am hoping to plant some onion sets in one of the raised beds and start some zinnia seeds inside for transplanting once they are about 2 inches tall. Next weekend will be devoting to tomatoes and peppers while the next weekend will be for the squash, melons, and beans. FYI, I am buying plants for everything except the beans which I will start from seed in the garden. One day I'll try to start everything from seed but right now I'm too lazy.

Here is a blackberry pic of yesterday's harvest.

The cabbage is going to be used this weekend for my friend's version of Creamy Thai Sweet Potatoes and Lentils. Check out her recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment