Monday, March 12, 2012

An Apology to a Carrot

For the record, I would like to apologize to my carrots. Remember last week when I said they sucked? Well they don't suck, I suck; they are baby carrots so they are supposed to look dinky before you pull them up! Mea culpa, carrots, mea culpa!

I was getting ready to plant my onions yesterday so I decided to pull up the carrots to make room and lo and behold, they were full grown! Fat and happy I tell you! The cute little pudges are about 3 to 4 inches long and almost an inch thick.  We ate some in a salad last night (yes, I did use my home grown salad greens!) and they were soo good. Home grown carrots are super easy to grow have have so much more flavor than store bought carrots so once fall hits, get out there and start planting!

Here is a pic of yesterday's harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment