I have to get my sea legs back so I'm going to start slow (aka boring)...
One we go...this weekend I had the opportunity to host a baby shower for a sweet friend of mine who is expecting her first child in January and was flattered by being asked to take are of planning the menu! I won't bore you with all the details but I do want to share my chicken salad recipe because it was simple, easy and flipping GOOD!
please forgive the picture quality, I was in a hurry!
- 1 1/2 c good mayo (Hellmans or Dukes)
- half of a sweet onion diced very small
- 2 ribs of celery diced very small
- 1 c toasted pecans chopped
- juice of half of a lemon (another KEY!)
- salt and pepper to taste ( I also added a little garlic powder just for giggles)
mix everything together and pop it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
* depending on what consistency you like, add as much mayo as you need; just remember that using the dark meet will ensure that it has lots of flavor and isn't overly dry. Also, the lemon juice really brightens up the flavor so don't leave it out!