Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

For my 26th birthday my sweet puppy dog gave me a Kumquat tree. He used up all of his allowance and begged his daddy to take him to the nursery to get his mom the best gift a dog could give!

I have been waiting patiently for my little fruits to ripen and last weekend was the inaugural tasting!






From what I have read these slow growing citrus trees are pretty hardy; they can withstand temperatures as low as 14 degrees. Another plus is that in the Spring they have the most wonderful smelling flowers that will literally envelop our entire patio.

So my point is, if you need a gift idea for that wonderful mom in your life a potted kumquat tree will be sure to please!

Now I just have to figure out what to do with all my fruit! Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment